Mini Cupcake & Brownie Hamburger Bites
Perfect for a barbecue or a themed party, these Mini Cupcake & Brownie Hamburger Bites are fun to make and fun to eat!
What you will need:
(1) box of Betty Crocker “Butter Recipe Yellow” cake mix
(1) box of Ghiradelli Ultimate Fudge Brownie Mix
*ingredients may vary based on the type of cake & brownie mix you get
1/3 cup of softened butter
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
non-stick pan spray
1 1/4 cup of water
(1) tube of red gel icing
(1) tube of green icing
*Optional: (1) tube of yellow icing, toothpicks.
You should start with the brownie mix, so while you baking the cupcakes, the brownies have time to cool.
1. Mix and bake the brownies as directed on the box. Once brownies are done, put aside to cool.
2. Mix and bake the cupcakes as directed on the box. Once done, put aside to cool.
3. Once the brownies and cupcakes are cooled, using a small, circular cookie cutter, firmly stamp the cutter into the brownies, cutting completely through the brownies and removing the cutter.
4. Carefully remove the brownie from the cookie cutter and press down on the brownie to flatten it into a patty.
5. Slice one cupcake in half horizontal, into 2 pieces. (The cupcake slices will act as your bun).
6. Place the brownie patty on the bottom cupcake “bun”.
7. Take your red and green icing and apply to the brownie patty as if they were condiments for the burger.
8. Top the brownie with the other half of the cupcake and a toothpick.
Be sure to check back for more Recipes of the Week and other fun stuff here at A Lot On Your Plate! Follow me on Twitter @ALotOnYourPlate and “Like” me on Facebook! (It would be greatly appreciated). Thanks for stopping by!