Tips For Giving Yourself The
Perfect At Home Facial!
a large bowl
a gentle face scrub or exfoliater
a face mask (I highly recommend the Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Face mask)
a gentle toner
a gentle moisturizer (with SPF)
Optional: 2 cucumber slices (one for each eye)
1. Pull your hair away from your face and tie back.
2. Cleanse your skin with a face wash best suited for your skin type.
3. Gently exfoliate your skin with a gentle face scrub or exfoliator.
4. Carefully fill a large bowl with steamy, hot water.
5. Slowly lean your face over the bowl, close enough to feel the steam, but not close enough where you can get burned. Keep your face above the steam for about 3 to 4 minutes. The steam is helping your pores loosen up and release any excess oil or dirt that may be trapped. (Please be very careful during this step).
6. Apply your face mask and allow it to set for the amount recommended. Optional: Apply a cucumber slice over each eye for the full “spa treatment”.
7. Remove the face mask and pat dry with a dry wash cloth.
8. Apply a gentle toner to your face. Toner’s help balance the pH levels in your skin, resulting in a vibrant, smoother appearance.
9. Apply a light layer of moisturizer.